In partnership* with the U.S. Department of Labor’s (USDOL) Office of Apprenticeship (OA), the Registered Apprenticeship Technical Assistance Centers of Excellence (RA TA Centers) serve as resources to stakeholders throughout the Registered Apprenticeship system. To support Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) expansion and modernization, the RA TA Centers provide technical assistance (TA) services on a national level in critical areas identified below to boost the Registered Apprenticeship system.
Services Provided by the RA TA Centers:
The RA TA Centers will:
- Develop best practices, success stories, toolkits, and written resources to assist key Registered Apprenticeship stakeholders.
- Provide comprehensive technical assistance strategies.
- Encourage increased participation of underrepresented populations being served in Registered Apprenticeship Programs.
- Expand the number of developed Registered Apprenticeship Programs by seeking local area partners to leverage resources for apprentices.
- Analyze data across the Registered Apprenticeship system.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility RA TA Center – Jobs for the Future (JFF). This RA TA Center provides strategies and customized support to employers, education providers, intermediaries, and government entities to drive diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) in Registered Apprenticeships.
Data and Performance and Best Practices RA TA Center - The Council for State Governments (CSG). This RA TA Center 1) conducts data analysis, 2) creates data visualizations that aid in decision-making, 3) provides one-on-one TA to grantees in data collection, preparation, and submission and 4) develops resources that promote Registered Apprenticeship alignment and expansion.
Strategic Partnerships and System Alignment RA TA Center – Safal Partners. This RA TA Center accelerates national scaling of apprenticeship by building and sustaining partnerships that support system alignment with the nation’s workforce and education systems.
Occupations and Standards RA TA Center - Urban Institute. This RA TA Center develops Registered Apprenticeship Program frameworks (competency-based, hybrid, and other innovative models), national Registered Apprenticeship Program standards, and supports industry in meeting Registered Apprenticeship Program design and development requirements.
*This partnership is made possible through a cooperative agreement with the Office of Apprenticeship to help guide and direct TA opportunities and ensure proper coordination across key partnerships and priorities. Click here for more details.