Employers everywhere are discovering a new type of employee. They create your future workforce, lift up your community, and help grow your business. We call them an apprentice. Get started today and discover apprenticeship.View Our Fact Sheet
What is Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship is an industry-driven, high-quality career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction, and a portable, nationally-recognized credential. It includes:
- Paid Job - Apprentices are paid employees who produce high-quality work while they learn skills that enhance their employers' needs.
- On-the-Job Learning- Develops skilled workers through structured learning in a work setting.
- Classroom Learning - Improves job-related skills through education in a classroom setting (virtual or in-person).
- Mentorship - Provides apprentices with the support of a skilled worker to assist and enhance critical hands-on learning.
- Credentials - Offers a portable, nationally-recognized credential to be issued at the completion of the program.
There are a wide range of industries that are adopting and adapting apprenticeship to meet their needs. Explore our industry pages to learn about high-demand occupations and discover industry specific resources.
How Can an Apprenticeship Benefit You?
Explore how other employers have benefited from apprenticeship by clicking "View Case Study" on each benefit.
Recruit and develop a diverse and highly-skilled workforce
Improve profitability and positive impact to your bottom line
Minimize cost with reduced turnover and liability
Create flexible training options that ensure workers develop the right skills
94% of apprentices continue employment after completing an apprenticeship
Foster a diverse and inclusive culture
There are two types of apprenticeship programs available. Each program enhances your apprenticeship with high-quality standards, rigor, and additional benefits. Explore each below to learn more.
Registered Apprenticeship Programs
A Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) is a proven model of apprenticeship that has been validated by the Department of Labor or State Apprenticeship Agency.
Industry-Recognized Apprenticeship Programs
Industry-Recognized Apprenticeship Programs (IRAP) are high-quality apprenticeship programs recognized as such by Standards Recognition Entity (SRE) pursuant to the DOL's standards.