We have established apprenticeships in many occupations in a variety of industries. If you are looking to create an apprenticeship for an occupation not yet approved by the U.S. Department of Labor, we offer the New Apprenticeship Occupation Request tool to allow you to submit a request for consideration for a new apprenticeship occupation or to revise an existing one. To get started, follow the instructions below.
Don't know if your occupation is currently approved for use in a Registered Apprenticeship Program? Browse our Occupation Finder to find out.
What to Expect
You will be asked to provide specific details related to your proposed apprenticeship occupation including:
- Skills needed to perform the occupation based on industry standards;
- Amount of on-the-job learning needed to master these skills and the related instruction to supplement the on-the-job learning; and
- List of subject matter experts who are willing to review your proposed occupation to assure it meets industry standards.
Here a few simple tips to help you get started. For detailed instructions on how to use the tool, please download our New Apprenticeship Occupation Request User Guide.
- Download our worksheets to help organize your information prior to logging in to complete your submission.
- The New Apprenticeship Occupation Request tool uses Login.gov – an authentication service for secure and efficient interaction with the U.S. government. If you already have a Login.gov account, you may sign-in with your existing account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by clicking the “Create an account” button on the login screen. For additional information on creating an account with Login.gov, view their instruction's page on how to create an account.
- After you login, click “New Apprenticeship Occupation Request” to go to the tool dashboard and begin your submission request. You will be guided through creating your request in an easy-to-use, step-by-step process.
- After you complete your submission, you will be able to return to this page to check the status of your request.
- Upon submission, you will receive specialized assistance from a skilled Apprenticeship Consultant, who will contact you regarding any questions throughout the process and to inform you of the final determination. You may check back on the status of your request using this tool at any time.
Submit Your Apprenticeship Occupation Request
Create or use your existing Login.gov account to submit an occupation for determination or to see the status of an earlier submission.