The written Affirmative Action Plan must include the following components:
- Workforce analyses for race, sex, and ethnicity (comparing the workforce and availability analyses)
- Utilization goals for race, sex, and ethnicity (if necessary)
- Utilization goals for individuals with disabilities
- Targeted outreach, recruitment, and retention activities (if necessary)
- Review of personnel processes
- Invitations to self-identify as an individual with a disability
Each of these components requires a sponsor to examine different elements of its apprentice workforce, document its review, and determine whether any element of its program is adversely impacting individuals within certain groups. A guide preparing sponsors to develop their plans is available on the Create Your Plan Equal Employment Opportunity webpage.